PFI members have the opportunity to participate in the following committees, which help guide the association’s activities and objectives. If you are a PFI member and have an interest in learning more about serving on a committee, please email email@example.com.
Export and Domestic Bulk Fuel Committee
Chris Amey, Chairman
- The Export and Domestic Bulk Fuel Committee works to facilitate the development of a North American bulk pelletized fuel market for commercial, institutional and central heating applications by providing a forum to generate discussion, develop industry consensus and offer information and technical support.
Stephen Faehner, Co-Chair
Troy Jamieson, Co-Chair
- The Conference Committee is responsible for setting the agenda for the PFI’s Breakfast & Biomass, held each year during the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association’s expo, as well as planning the agenda and activities for PFI’s Annual Conference, held each July.
Government Affairs Committee
Bruce Lisle, Chairman
- The development and implementation of PFI’s legislative and regulatory agenda is the key task of the Government Affairs Committee. The Committee works with PFI staff to educate the executive and legislative branches of government, along with state legislators, about the densified biomass industry and its offerings.
Richard Thomas, Co-chair
Ron Leofsky, Co-chair
- Outreach to prospective members, developing and helping facilitate programs for current members, and monitoring membership retention and are all key components of the Membership Committee’s efforts.
Promotions and Communications Committee
Tammy Hippchen, Co-chair
Jase Locke, Co-chair
- The Promotions and Communications Committee facilitates PFI’s outreach to the industry and beyond, through the creation of marketing materials, press releases, the PFI website and other communication mediums.
Research, Statistics and Education Committee
- The Research, Education and Statistics Committee researches grant opportunities available to the association and its members, gathers biomass industry data and other relevant information.
Bob Sourek, Co-Chair
Chris Wiberg, Co-Chair
- The Standards Committee establishes and maintains densified fuel standards and provides information and technical support to facilitate the safety, efficiency, emissions standards and test procedures specifically designed for densified fuel technology. Committee members serve as liaisons to ASTM, ISO and other standardization organizations.